My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Google + Profile for a client

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
  • Hello,

What is the best way to set up a clients google+ profile on behalf of a client? They already have a google account setup. They are a brand new business and no google listing at present. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Setting up Google + Profile for a client

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Just go here and click 'get on Google'. Make sure you're logged into the business account the client's made, when the verification postcard arrives you'll need to be on the same account to use the PIN. 

Just click 'get on Google', type in your name, scroll down to 'none of these match' and click 'add your business. Also as a head's up, once the postcard is requested, don't touch anything. Any changes made will invalidate the postcard. Make sure the client's keeping an eye out for it too, the postcard's only valid for 30 days so if it gets lost for a while you might have to request another. 

If you're new to the local game and helping this client out with other services primarily (website or what have you) you might want to check this out too, as a super intro list of other things you can do to help their visibility once you've got their Google profile set up (ways to make sure the website is set up right, properly filling out the Google My Business Profile, building citations, etc). 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Just go here and click 'get on Google'. Make sure you're logged into the business account the client's made, when the verification postcard arrives you'll need to be on the same account to use the PIN. 

Just click 'get on Google', type in your name, scroll down to 'none of these match' and click 'add your business. Also as a head's up, once the postcard is requested, don't touch anything. Any changes made will invalidate the postcard. Make sure the client's keeping an eye out for it too, the postcard's only valid for 30 days so if it gets lost for a while you might have to request another. 

If you're new to the local game and helping this client out with other services primarily (website or what have you) you might want to check this out too, as a super intro list of other things you can do to help their visibility once you've got their Google profile set up (ways to make sure the website is set up right, properly filling out the Google My Business Profile, building citations, etc). 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In addition to James' recommendations, please see guidelines - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177 (and note, Ownership section).

Grace