My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Google My business with Multiple independent service providers of our product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I would very much appreciate some help in how to go about the following.

We have a custom mouthguard brand called GuardLab and we partner with dentists to offer a range of special digital mouthguards. We will have 300 dentists eventually providing this service, currently we have 50. Customers have to visit one of our partner dentists to get scanned for a mouthguard. These dentists will have their own dentist business listings.

Should we establish a business account and simply add each dentist as a location for our service. Will this cause any problems with the dentist's existing business page coming from the same address?

Is there another/better way?

Ideally if you type our mouthguard brand 'GuardLab' the result would be seeing the dentist's in that vicinity that offer the service.

Hope that makes sense, please help :)

Thanks,

Jamie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Setting up Google My business with Multiple independent service providers of our product

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

You are more likely to get yourself and the dentist's page banned.

Think about this: Should every distributor of every product be allowed to have a listing of every user of the product in every location? Spam central.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I like the answer of @Craig P

But will add @jamie w this:

The business model you described doesn't qualify for a local listing as you don't face customers in person - see their guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your response,

We also have our own scanner teams that we send out to clubs and professional teams and we visit schools, gyms etc. so we do face customers in person. In that respect i believe we are eligible. I didn't mention it in the initial description... Apologies.

Jamie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your response. Yes that makes sense.

Could i ask for your thoughts on the following:

If each of the dentists had a page on their actual website appropriately optimised for just our product/brand. e.g. Dentist.com.au/guardlab-mouthguards And they had just their own dentist google business listing...

Do you think if a customer was to search "GuardLab Mouthguards" that the nearest google businesses which mentions this  would show on the maps?

Thank you,

Jamie

Thanks,

Jamie