My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Set-up Queries: Am I verified? How to link my Brand Page to Maps? How long to appear in Search?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

More newbie questions!

I have successfully set up my Brand Page. I had to verify my website and email address when i added them, which I did. Does this mean my Page is now "verified"? If not, am I missing a step?

Should I be linking my Page - which is for an online ebook business - to Maps? So I can appear top right hand side in Google Search Results? If so, how do I do this? I thought only Service Area Pages or Shopfronts could be on maps.

Finally, how long is it likely to take for my Google My Business Page/Summary etc to appear in Google Search Results?

Very much appreciate any advice you might have :)

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Set-up Queries: Am I verified? How to link my Brand Page to Maps? How long to appear in Search?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Liz P: Firstly I have to say that brand page and a local business page is different. Website verification and Email verification in brand page doesn't mean that you are now live in maps.

If you want to enlist your business in Google Maps, you need to create a local business page and choose store front or service area section according to your business nature and verify it through postcard by following these guidelines https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177. Here is the verification process https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en

Once it is verified, it will be live in Google maps.

Re: Set-up Queries: Am I verified? How to link my Brand Page to Maps? How long to appear in Search?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey thanks Rajeev, appreciate the advice!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Liz

From the sound of your original post, you have an online only business, correct? If so then you are not eligible for a local listing and will need to use the Brand page option only.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog