My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Service Area for Business That Serves Locally and Internationally?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need some help deciding the best way to setup Google My Business Account...

Our business serves the surrounding local community as well as internationally via e-commerce.   On the local level our business provides services for big events/ceremonies/etc.  Our e-commerce site is primarily used to capture anyone in the world who is looking to purchase our product.    

We want to maintain a local presence in our community and inform interested parties that we ship products internationally.   We only have one physical location that we operate out of. 

Is it possible to set an international service area for our business?  If not, do we need to create a brand page instead?  

Any help is much appreciated! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Service Area for Business That Serves Locally and Internationally?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

From what you are describing, you should have a local page that would be for your local services. The question will be if you have people come to your office or just service them at their address.

On this page, you need to designate your hours of operation. You cannot have a service area that is large, since this dilutes the local effectiveness. Keep it to 10 - 40 miles. 

I would set up a brand page for the e-commerce division. 

All that said:

To help with your question, please provide:
1. The Google Local Page URL
2. Your Website URL
3. Full Business name, Address and Phone number

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO