My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Separate Business, Share Office Occasionally

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure how I should enter a business for a client of mine ...

The business is 'Video of a Lifetime' - video documentaries of a person's life.  My client conducts the interview and does the editing, and has partnered with a local video production company, 'In Trouble Zone', to film the video.  The legal address of the company is my client's home office address.  The video documentaries are filmed at her clients' homes, or at In Trouble Zone's studio (a brick and mortar business).  I believe it should be entered as a service area business, but am not sure.  Also, my client would like to list the address as In Trouble Zone's address (since some clients will be interviewed/filmed there, and walk-ins would be welcome), but I am afraid it would cause a problem for In Trouble Zone's GMB listing.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandy R
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is possible to share a business address for multiple listings. However, since the listings probably will overlap in categories, it will likely cause one listing to "win" over the other. 

Ultimately, if you do create a listing at the same address, the hours should reflect the times that 'Video of a Lifetime' is actually at the address. If that varies, it should be updated accordingly and may not be worth the effort if it is different every week.

I think your initial assessment is probably correct - this is a service area business which shouldn't have an address appearing in their listing. Put that content on the website and make it clear there the relationship with the location and the businesses in question. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you - appreciate it!