My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Second business location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there somebody who knows how to add a second business location in Google + for business?

Thank you & Regards,

Dan

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Second business location

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Dan,

You can add and manage multiple locations with the help of Google my business account and link it with Google + and/or adwords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dan, it's the same process as you most likely went through with your first location. Here's the relevant help center doc - https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Colan
Quick question - I hope - I have recently added a second location to our account and now when people search for our business they only see the primary location, it doesn't even show that there is another location. Is there a way to switch the primary and the secondary locations? I really want people to see the second location as we will likely close down the primary one in the near future.
Company name is Music Box in New Westminster, BC...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Donna B The second location likely isn't showing because it's newer and hasn't had time to build up authority in Google's eyes. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok - so what should we do to make it visible? Is there anything other than writing new posts, getting reviews that can speed this along?  -- Regards, Donna Bossert 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Donna B 

A good start:

1. Get the business listed on the top 50 or so business directories in Canada - https://www.whitespark.ca/top-local-citation-sources-by-country
  2. Develop a review strategy to get reviews on the Google Local listing as well as some of the other sites that customers can leave reviews on
  3. Find ways to have the business mentioned on other online sources (local community websites, press release, local chamber...etc)

That should get the tires rolling. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Q1) Does this mean a separate Google + page needs to be set up to add a second location with the same name?

Q2) I went through steps now forgotten to set my second location up. This was a good 5 weeks ago and involved importing a spreadsheet with my hours etc. How long should the process take?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Emily D Start a new thread with the details of your specific situation. 

Thank you