My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Search Terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Spoiler
Hi,
I'm new to Google Plus and I created a page for my chiropractic business back in January. At the time, when I typed in "chiropractor" and "my city" we would show up in the map search. However, that hasn't been the case in the last month. I'm just wondering how to make that happen again. 

Also how do you add different key search terms so we show up in google searches. My business offers massage and acupuncture as well and I want people to find us if they type in those terms with the city I am in.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Terms

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Trevor E

Google machine learns across the eco sytems.

If you want to appear over time for different terms within your area, then you need to have that content visible on your website and your website connected , sending right signals back to the connected business page.

Can you provide your business page URL or Full name and address and I'll take a look and see if there is anything untoward's going on.

Homework for You:

Boost your Local SEO

Ranking Factors of a Business Page

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,
Unfortunately we do not have a business website right now. We are the only chiropractic practice in the area so that hasn't been a big focus.
However, when people type in "chiropractor" and "Estevan", we want our google+ page to show up.
It did when I first set it up but in the last month it no longer does.

It only shows up when you type in "King Street Chiropractic" and "Estevan". I hope you can appreciate the difference.
I also want to be able to type in: "Acupuncture" and "Estevan" as well as "massage" and "Estevan" and have the same results.
Hope that clarify things.

I just figured that those specific mesh terms could be added to the google page which would link up with the search being done. Maybe not though.

Cheers,
Trevor

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
And the name of the business is ..... ? address too please .

If you don't have a website, then you need to be using the Description section well and also posts are visible in search which can slowly build up Google understanding.

Building business citations will also help improve understanding , thats in your homework

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Is this your Business Page : https://plus.google.com/110177038578256108509/about

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey @Trevor E

I think you need to give Google a bit more to work on here, if you don't have a website.

screencapture (28).png

And one post on the 11 feb.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome Thanks Tim. Yes that's my business.
Any idea on why it was there before and now its not?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Honeymoon period, until Google works out what signals there are online