My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Search Photo Representing My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi..

The photo representing my business is not what I want. Google is grabbing random pictures from my website, but the picture does not accurately represent my business. It is showing a boat. I want it to show a shark; a picture that I choose. Is this possible? We are a shark diving business.

If it is not possible to change the photo myself, can someone please provide contact information to those in charge at Google so that I can make a request for them to use another picture?

Thank you!

Cindy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you please provide the following:

1. Business Name
2. Business Address
3. Business Phone number
4. Maps URL
5. Website

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shark +1 to what Dax said. Are you talking about the knowledge graph picture on the right hand side when you search your business name? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the same problem, I wish Google would just make it simple to select the photo you want to display in the knowledge graph... such a mission at the moment. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The knowledge graph isn't "yours" that's why they don't make it easy. I think it is great as it indicates that your business isn't supplying or displaying the correct information to Google in the first place. Lets you know you have work to do on the digital end. While frustrating I'd rather know there was an issue rather than just swapping it out. The knowledge graph is aggregated business info from everything google thinks is your business so if there is a discrepancy it means your information across the web is either not consistent or just wrong.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

A google algorithm choses your search result photo.

Photos
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6103862?hl=en%C2%A0

http://localu.org/blog/your-google-my-business-profile-image-your-most-important-image/

Use a location enabled camera or mark the picture up with its location.
Post the GMB image of choice to the contact page of your website,
other web directory and social sites, posting as appropriate over time.
Post your website contact page with preferred GMB image on to encourage sharing of the image.

My best advice. Andrew.