My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Scam email or not ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

Im hoping someone can help me. i have received a email from address local-help@google.com saying "someone else has tried to claim my business as theirs and if i dont reply within 7 days the business will be unverified on google" and it goes on about sharing ownership of the business on google. I have spoken to google on the phone and he said he thinks its a scam but to also see what google business say by adding a message for others to reply to.

hope someone can help and put me at ease as i dont want to reply to this email in case it is a scam and dont want to ignore it if it is important .

Also when i viewed message source it just shows a random email with a load of other things written in code.

thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Scam email or not ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

if the mail came really from local-help@google.com (doublecheck this thoroughly) do't ignore it.

But respond as advised:

telling them you refuse to transfer the ownership.

Scam email or not ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks, if i was to reply to them saying i dont want to transfer ownership and it was a scam email can they get any information from my reply or can they do any damage at all to anything?

Scam email or not ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks, if i was to reply to them saying i dont want to transfer ownership and it was a scam email can they get any information from my reply or can they do any damage at all to anything?

Scam email or not ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

if the mail came really from local-help@google.com it was not scam.

Everybody applying this procedure "Someone else verified my business" will trigger such a mail from  local-help@google.com as oyu got it.

Responding to  local-help@google.com as "Nope - don't like to transfer...etc"  will not forwarded to the user applying this procedure "Someone else verified my business" but will trigger a mail from Google to the ownership requesting user like "the actual page owner will not transfer th ownership".

They will not decover you, your account or the content of your response to to  local-help@google.com 

But in case you will not respond to  local-help@google.com they could consider you as inactive and will perhaps release the listing to the requesting user.