My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Same company, two websites for different purposes. How to handle this with google mybusiness?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

I am managing two websites related to the same company. The first one, www.mundoyupi.com ,is the company website where are offered services to local market ( few cities/villages in the state ). The secondo one is tienda.mundoyupi.com, this is the online store which purpose is to sell products all over the nation ( Mexico ).
I decided to put the store into a subdomain due to: 
1 focusing different markets (local and national)
2 the diffetent purpose of website (company website for services and online store)

So my question point is, how should I handle this with myBusiness?
I have already created myBusiness profile for local shop pointing to www.mundoyupi.com. (try to look for mundo yupi in google)
Can I create a second myBusiness office pointing to same address but related to tienda.mundoyupi.com?

Thanks in advance,
Marco
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same company, two websites for different purposes. How to handle this with google mybusiness?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @marco c

You are correct in the 1st business that has a location itself can have a business page. However the online store is not eligible for a business page.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Personally I would have had one site, rather then two.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Same company, two websites for different purposes. How to handle this with google mybusiness?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.
Why would you have had just one page? I don't know if you have seen both sites, they are different in everything (style, purpose, etc ).
Anyway, even if is an online store, it has a real location where people can go and buy directly into the real shop, and so, there would be interaction as google ask. Am I wrong?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi

Because its a Brand you are building, people are used to how websites work and if you designed it properly so they can see different offerings and sections.

Almost every major brand in the world has 1 site.

These are just my personal thoughts.

I could not think of a similar clown brand, but here is build a bear. They have actual stores, parties and online shopping all in one site.  Its not well put together, but you get the idea.

Then Marks and spenser, makes millions.  They have shops, instore and online, articles, magazines, party catering, business banking, TV, credit cards.

1 site, 1 Brand

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership