My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

SEO Agency and verification of listings...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new at this and most likely you guys have already solved something similar.  I thank you all in advance.  

I was recently asked by a couple of friends to launch their SEO campaigns.  Now, One of them wants to open market overseas and the other is local.  However, my questions are:

a) Do you guys have any advice for a neophyte like me and the Relationship between google and SEO agencies?  Former bosses and co-workers always said that Google was this evil entity that liked to chew SEO agencies for breakfast...

B) How can you verify a business that is real but has NO real address when GMB states that the only option is mail?  do you like contact google? and if so, how?  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

any business has a business address 

I might not meet and serve their customers at this "business Address"/

Ok so far - but such bsuinesses and not servicing their customers at their bsuiness address have to use the option to create a service area business in case they serve their customers "in person" at customers addresses.

Note  the most (at least many) SEO companies  don't even serve their customers "in person" at all.

In this cases the businesses are not eligible for a GoogleMyBusiness listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, you are telling me that UNLESS i have a store front I can't have a G+ page?  Because I did read the thingy about the creation of a service area business and I did that and it still asks me to get verified...  :-/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In my previous response you wont find the term G+ at all.

You are here in the GoogleMyBusiness Forum rather then in the G+ help community.

GoogleMyBusiness and G+ are divorced.

So I will not and can't say anything about G+.

But I can repeate what I said already:

Businesses not servicing their customers at their bsuiness address have to use the option to create a service area business in case they serve their customers "in person" at customers addresses.

Note  the most (at least many) SEO companies  don't even serve their customers "in person" at all.

In this cases the businesses are not eligible for a GoogleMyBusiness listing. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I respectfully submit there is a third option. Dealing with this part "B) How can you verify a business that is real but has NO real address when GMB states that the only option is mail?" there is a third option but it is not as map oriented. On the Google FAQ page they say the following

"Can I still use Google My Business if I don’t have a storefront?

Absolutely. Whether you’re a home-based business or a service-area business, you can list your details to appear on Google with or without an address."

A brand page would create a page without verification. For an example this is a brand page for PipeBreakUSA.com and was not done with a verification card or call, there is no service area and no storefront. It is an address the company is run out of and services Continental North America and Canada, Shipping is limited by not going by air freight.

So to show some ideas about the differences can be seen by reading this post asking about the difference in the brand page and a location page. I am not sure it will completely clear up the issue. You will see some discussion about the differences.  The brand page can be verified by phone as I just tested in setting up a test location. It is set up on https://business.google.com.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |