My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

SAB, Thinking of expanding and adding a second location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I have been running a Locksmith business, I know it's a tough category and  Google hates locksmiths because of the spamming happening. I'm with Google on that. They should get to the button of this and require a proof of bring licensed by the state, in the states that require a license for being a locksmith, or a general business license that can be verified on a government websites. Just a suggestion.
Back to my question, I want to expand and cover a different city, in which I will be getting a separate License for that location. When I contacted the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services, which regulate the Locksmith licensing in California, to find out what I need to register a branch, they told me I can fill out the form online and they will mail me the license in couple of weeks. The problem is the branch has to share the same business name I have on the original license and I can't have a different name for the branch!

Google would not like that because it would be a duplicate! What should I do? 

On the new listing I will be claiming, can I add something to name of the business name so it does not duplicate the existing listing? maybe adding the name of the city next to name?

Thank you,

Mike 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: SAB, Thinking of expanding and adding a second location

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Molhammad, it's the same process as you most likely went through with your first location. There should not be an issue with duplicate because it is a different location. Here's the relevant help center doc - https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en