AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Rogers Carpet Cleaning Company, 933 College Ave Niagara Falls NY 14305

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Morning, 

My name is John Rogers Owner of Rogers Carpet Cleaning Company. I recent had my site re-built and created my listing on Google My Business with the URL http://www.carpetcleanersbuffalo.com/ But my Google My Business listing was suspended and i do not know why? Could you please advise and let me what needs to be done to fix this issue as it is effecting my business. 

Thank you for your help.

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning John. Is the rebuild the same url for the home page or was it changed? I would check that to start as you can't have a redirect url as your company url in google my business. If you confirm you meet all the guidelines you can go here to file an appeal with Google. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

the mentioned address looks belonging to a residential area.

Have you specified a service area and have unchecked the little box "I also service customers at my business address"?

Or do you have at the mentioned address a brick and mortar stor front or an office with a good visible signage?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No there is no "Re-Direct"...its a new website entirely

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did have that checked, so I unchecked it. Yes we are an "on site" business, no brick and mortar showroom location.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

what is the size of the service area and have you filed an appeal after unchecking the little box about servicing  customers at your business location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Where do i go to do that?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I dont know where to do that, im not a web person, this is frustrating

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

John here is the link with how to do it. And here is a link to file the appeal.

Add and edit a service area

To edit your service area details:

1. Sign in to Google My Business.
  2. Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon  on the right side above your locations. 
  3. Choose the listing you'd like to manage and click Manage location
  4. Click Info at the top of the page.
  5. Click the Address section.
  6. In the window that appears, select Yes next to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations."
  7. Enter your service area information. You can set your service area based on the zip codes or cities that you serve, or on a given area around your location.
    • Select the box next to “I serve customers at my business address” if you want your complete address to appear on Google and your business location is staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours. 
  8. Click Apply.