My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Rodbender Fishing Charters St. Augustine

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a fishing charter business and I don't want to put my home address down for a map listing.  I want to put the address of where I pick up my charters from, which is a marina at 235 Yacht Club Dr, St. Augustine, FL 32084.  How can I change the address to the marina from my personal address 2654 Snail Kite Ct, St. Augustine, FL 32092.

Can you please direct me on how to change the address on Google Place?

Thanks,

Chuck Stearns

904-514-3766

rodbendercharters@gmail.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Here is how you can do this.

On your GMB listing, hide your address and mark it as a service area business. 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop

Then move your marker to the pickup location: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6279343?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to follow these instructions as well for a different charter business, but as soon as I move the marker, it asks me to re-verify (at a non-mailable address).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Further follow-up on this...

In my case, the boat is in a public marina with no mail receptacle (and no possibility for mail service at all).  I can verify the listing at the captain's home address but that is 20 miles from the actual boat location and has no relevancy for the public.

I contacted the Google My Business support team.  The agent was unsure how I would be able to do this so she told me she would discuss with her supervisors and they would reply to me by email.  Later in the day, I received an email that states:

"

Your listing could not be verified to appear on Google Search and Maps , which doesn’t comply with our eligibility guidelines.

Enforcing these guidelines helps maintain high quality information on Google and improves how customers interact with businesses online."

So, it seems it is not possible to list a charter fishing business at the place of business unless mail delivers to the boat.  

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@jeff w Please open a new thread if you are having issues. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO