3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can u please tell me if it violates Google's policy for a business owner to offer a coupon to customers for their review. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lex B,

Here is a Google Help File that explains more on Google Reviews. 

There use to be a direct clause that stated not to add incentives for reviews... but I am not seeing that listed now? Please keep in mind that if multiple reviews show up in a short period... they are often removed as they fit a spammy / fake review pattern. I would not seek many reviews at once, but have them spread out over time and over a large span of websites (Google, Facebook, BBB, etc.) and only one person/review per site.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I know that many restaurants and fast food chains offer
incentives for feedback, but I wanted to be sure that it would not go
against Google standards.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Lex B & @James_Clemens

in the  HC as James linked  they write:

• Conflict of interest: Reviews are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up review stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for reviews written at your place of business.

I'm sure anybody even Google consider offered coupons as offer or accept money, products, or services

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Helmut Geissler,

Thank you for pointing that out.

I knew it was in there recently/in the past... and was rather shocked when I couldn't see it tonight when I posted the help file link (I was coding a website and deep in html 5 code and must have been dizzy). I even made a note to research this further next week as I felt it made perfect sense to not allow payments for reviews. You removed that research from my to-do list, thanks! 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
you are welcome James