2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Balmain Buddha Massage & Yoga

103 Beattie Street, Balmain NSW 2041

02 8084 0123

https://plus.google.com/114495113541797829379/about

Hi there,

One of my regular students posted a review on my google+ page but it is not showing up.  She asked me if I had seen the review and I checked and couldn't see it.  She then sent me a pic of her review which she said went through?

I am a little baffled how all of this works.  I am just a small business and genuinely rely on honest feedback/reviews etc.  I would only want honest feedback on my reviews?? Why would google+ not show it?

Thanks in advance

Emma Simpson

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emma

Looking at your page, I can see one review showing from Stella from just 2 weeks ago, so Google isn't filtering all reviews. Chance are there's something about the person's history (or lack thereof) or the review itself that tripped a filter. This could be a number of things - following are some of the most likely that come to mind:
* Web addresses (URLs) in the comments.
* The person who wrote the review is you, a manager of your page or works for you.
* The reviewer marked the review as private.
* The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP address that you sign into to manage your local listing.
* The person wrote the review from the same IP address or device as another user who left a review. This is common with kiosks or review stations (a dedicated PC or tablet for collecting reviews).
* The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (for example: they wrote one Jan 15 and it got filtered so they tried again on Feb 10).
* Review super short with very few details.

Remember – it’s a machine making the decision about whether reviews by your customers get seen. It's going to make mistakes. If you can't get the review to show on G, there are a range of other sites where she can post a review.

And keep asking for reviews on Google. Some will stick, some won't.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog