My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews not showing on Google+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A client recently left a review on my Google+ page, but after 1 day it was no longer visible.

After reading another post related to this issue I have realised he may of done a few things wrong, like try to add it a few times, it was his first time adding a review and made a mistake a few times.

He does not have a Google+ Business page so would this be the reason why the review is not showing on my page?

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Reviews not showing on Google+ page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi True D
Google filters reviews for a wide range of reasons, often those reasons reflect the acts of people attempting to fake reviews.
Unfortunately some of those same triggers are innocent mistakes that can be done by anyone, so that means good reviews sometimes get canned along with the bad.
Whether the reviewer has a Google+ business page should not impact whether or not the review makes it through the filters.
Your best course of action is to keep on getting more customer reviews.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Ask him to check his review section in his personal profile and if it just needs modification, it will be marked in red for him to modify and resubmit.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Some great info here already, I would just add that if your customer or client is at your location (using a computer that has your I.P. address) you would want to make sure they did the review after they left your location. Reviews originating from your place of business will likely be denied.

Re: Reviews not showing on Google page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, thanks for the update...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So the response to this issue is, oh well we cant recover the review we deleted for the wrong reasons even though it is obviously still in your system?

It was was emailed to me from goggle business saying "your client just left a review for you"...

Can't google check to see how you might correct the error as opposed to me losing the review?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Traditons

It's not "can't", it's that there are reasons why not.
Our best advice is to focus on getting more reviews (over time), not on the one that's gone.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.