My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My issue...Reviews for my hotel are being left on another hotel's Google page. The other hotel was a Best Western, but it is permanently closed. I called Google about this and they said that once we got more reviews our business would start showing up before the other one on a Google search, but how are we supposed to get more reviews if they keep getting posted on a closed business' page?!? I understand that if our guests were paying more attention, they would see that the location they are posting their review on is "permanently closed", but I don't understand why you are able to post reviews on a business that is closed. Any help on how to correct this issue will be greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Reviews not being posted

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't believe the answer given by a rep was appropriate.

But in order to say more I would like to get Links to your hotel as well as to the closed Best Western.

Re: Reviews not being posted

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Fort Morgan S

Thanks for the links:

your first link (for your business) shows at the left side (scrolling down to the bottom) 13 Reviews

see below:

:screenshot-www.google.com 2017-01-14 15-44-45.png

the second links shwows an other business and it comes with 14 reviews:

screenshot-www.google.com 2017-01-14 15-48-57.pnga

btw both listing are pretty much located at different addresses.

So I can't udnerstand how a guest willing to review your hotel gets confused by the other one.

Anyway:

Sinc both hotels got allmost the same number of reviews I can't see any issue to help you further.

And to check this I made a test review too - getting it published too

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, you are correct about the number of reviews. Unfortunately, those numbers are coming from TripAdvisor for my actual hotel. There have been 11 reviews left on the closed business that are actually for my hotel. I understand and feel the same about the confusion of guests, unfortunately I don't know how to fix it. Is there not a way to remove a business once it is permanently closed? The "closed" Best Western is actually a different hotel now. Would it be possible to change the business name since it is already listed on Google? Possibly if the name was changed the confusion would not be an issue?!?

Reviews not being posted

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

oy are mistake I'm afraid.

The 13 or 14 red highlighted numbers are reviews posted bei GoogleUsers via Google.

Revies from third party users are not counted under this red highlghted numbers.

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies for my misunderstanding of that number of reviews. But there are still 11 reviews for my hotel that have been posted on the "closed" hotel. Is there not a way to delete that "closed" hotel or change the name so the confusion will stop?

Yes I know that if the guests would take a minute to see that they are posting on the wrong location none of this conversation would be happening but I am trying to eliminate the other option so none of this confusion existed.

Reviews not being posted

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

there is no option to remove the "closed" listing from GMaps.