My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently have made a push to increase our business presence online. One of the ways we are doing this is by getting more google reviews. We have sent an email to many of our past customers asking them to review our page and leave us some feedback. Lots have said that they did this for us, but none are showing up. I know sometimes google will filter reviews if there are too many in a short period of time, but my reviews are legitimate. How do I get those reviews posted and prove that they are real?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you receive a notification that a review was made? You should receive an email everytime someone made a review.

Second, there is a minimum that needs to be achieved. I believe it's 5, after that they should show up.

It's important you get the email, sometimes people say they left a review but did not actually did it or incomplete (forgot to push the post button). Another reason is that people first need to sign in to their Gmail account to leave a review.

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not receive the notifications.

We have 5 reviews already.

There were several people that said they had posted a review and I think they actually did it, the review just didn't show up. From what I have read it seems that google filtered out the reviews because a few happened on the same day. I am just wondering if there is a way to contact google and get them to release the reviews?

Reviews not being posted

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't think contacting Google will release reviews being filtered

Reviews not being posted

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google will do nothing to reinstate reviews. I even tried calling Google business and told them I would provide the customer's mailing address and phone number so they could verify they are legitimate reviews but they won't do anything about their flawed review system which is totally controlled by an algorithm, completely automated.

I just left my own post today specifically about this issue. Google needs to revamp their automated system and implement an actual person to go over reviews before they are removed to make a decision on whether or not the review actually warrants removal or not. Their automated system completely sucks. It has removed almost 50% of my business' legitimate reviews from customers!

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i asked a client to write a review via text with a link, i waited a few days and got no notification from google my business, so i texted him again asking for a review, he then sent a screen shot of our company with his long detailed review, it looks normal it also says "in the last week" with his profile pic, with a 5 star review. i still have not gotten any notification from google or do not see it publicly. i dont know it is showing for my client?

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i mean i dont know how its showing for my client and not online or on our side.

Reviews not being posted

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Mitchell S

I'm pretty sure the "long" review of your client have been filtered.
This are some possible reasons for getting reviews filtered
(note: the below list might not be complete and can be subject of change - filtering of reviews is done by algorithms)

- URL's in reviews
- The rating is too long: since the number of characters is >> 4000
- Same rating on other platforms
- The reviewer also managed the GMB listing
- The reviewer works for the company
- The reviewer wrote the review on a computer of the company or used its network
- The reviewer wrote the review with an IP address that other reviewers used when posing  their review
- The reviewer has tried to publish the review several times at different times (thus filtered on 5 August and tried again on 10 October)
- The reviewer wrote very many reviews in a short time
- The reviewer has evaluated several other companies with the same name
- The reviewer has a blank G + profile and no activity with the profile yet
- Reviews are written by an SEO company
- The company has an on-site reviewing station that has been used
- The company offers an incentive for a review
- The number of reviews for the company is unusually high compared to other companies in the industry
- Dates in the format  26.04.2017 ->  
  but this format works: 26. 4. 2017 and also 26. April 2017

Reviews not being posted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

once its been filtered does it ever make it out? so google doesnt like long reviews, yelp doesnt like short reviews..... wow its so tough just to get a review these days

Reviews not being posted

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

filtered reviews remain filtered!