My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews have gone

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have lost several of my reviews on my google listing(a few have remained). I've seen many threads about people saying move the map marker and save, but this hasn't worked for me unfortunately. 

Is there any other things that I can try?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Reviews have gone

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Danny S

Can you give some details about your business (name, address, phone #) along with as much information you have about the review that went missing?  Who was it from? Did you ask for the review or was it unsolicited?  

It is likely that your review got filtered or removed for violating Google's review policies. Based on cases I've looked at, here is what I've come up with for reasons why reviews go missing:

URLs in reviews

The person who wrote the review is a manager of your Google My Business Listing

The person who wrote the review works for you

The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing

The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews

The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)

The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)

You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you

You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location

You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual