My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews from the Web

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to remove or exchange some of the reviews from the web?

One review company factors in other businesses in the area which can drag your ratings down even if your business has positive reviews. Can we exclude that or perhaps add Trip Adviser instead?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Reviews from the Web

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1- Google auto generates Reviews from the web from the review sites listed in the first 15 or so search results that use Rich Snippets.

2-However even they will never show Trip Advisor (or Yelp or BBB reviews) in Reviews from the web even if they are within the top 15 search results.

3- They also show different search results depending exactly how your brand is searched with slight variations causing different results.

4-If you want to influence the results then the best tactic is to get more reviews at sites that would show on this first page and rank higher than the site you are unhappy with.

5-This could include your own site in the results. See this search result as an example: cadillac jacks ellicottville

6- or it could include sites like YP.com, 4Square or some other sites.  

7- Analyze the websites on the first two pages of your branded search results and get reviews at those sites to help them rank higher and possibly "bump" the site that you think less desirous. Facebook is often a good choice. 

If you provide your business name and address I would be glad to take a look