My Business
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews from a mobile device

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like my customers to have the ability to leave me a review from their mobile device, since google doesnt allow "review stations". Will their review be tracked by their IMEI number, or if they are on wifi, will it still pick up the IP address first? I just want to make sure my page doesn't become blocked. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you're encouraging customers to leave reviews using their own devices, even if they are at your place of business, you won't have to worry about their reviews being blocked as a result.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Don't like to contradict my friend @Joel H

But imagine @Avery M is providing a free WiFi access and a reviewer will post a review using the same WiFi as Avery is used to managing his business I then predict in that case the algos will likely consider the reviewer being in "conflict of interests" and filtering the review for this behavior.

We have seen here enough such reported exsamples.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, I guess it is possible to see they come from the same IP address. But I don't think that's a solitary signal used. So, that's a fair observation @Helmut Geissler.

However, if they are real people with real accounts which they use for other purposes beyond simply leaving a review for a single business, it shouldn't be a problem. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks @Joel H

Believing our both post should give @Avery M enough input how to gather reviews and how not  ;-) 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you both! @Helmut Geissler @Joel H one of my concerns, is not having actual documentation from Google that states one or the other is actually correct. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

When it comes to limiting spam, there are reasons to not document everything. As long as people aren't creating accounts from all the same IP address, you'll likely be in good shape.