My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reviews Not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

People have recently added a review for my business page but I cannot see the reviews. I have seen a screen grab from the client that left a review but I can't seem to see it - any idea why?

My business name is Whistle Video, 915 Ecclesall road, Sheffield. My page shows up here:

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=whistle%20video%20she...

I can see one review but no others. Have they been blocked by a spam filter - if so how do I get them back. Is it because a few people tried leaving reviews today. I did ask clients over the last couple of days to leave reviews.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,

Joe

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Reviews Not showing up

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
My best guess is that because you asked for them in a short time frame these reviews may have been filtered or removed. It could be because they came in too close together or in bulk or that the same person(s) left them from the same IP address.

I will reference the reasons this may have happened according to a Google TC, JoyHawkins:

URLs in reviews
The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
The person who wrote the review works for you
The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Here is the post I am referencing:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Enhance-Your-Presence/Why-are-my-reviews-not-showing-up-on...

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My business local page shows that I have 18 5 star reviews (the reviews were gathered over 7 years time). When you click to read the reviews only 2 show up. Never have I had a problem before. Is my business page going to eventually say - only 2 five star reviews now? This is highly upsetting. Since the reviews have been over a period of 7 years I have no way of getting in contact with these people, there is no way to know who they are. I have worked ever so hard getting these reviews and they were all legitimate. 

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If these reviews came in legitimately over a period of time and you see an error now once the reviews have shown ONLY on Maps then I would report a data problem here https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088?hl=en

And

Get support from the GoogleMyBusiness team to clarify why these were taken down https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
it is widespread...there seems to either be an update or a glitch.. i manage 560 page listings for our company and all are having the same issue, not to mention the google+pages do not show up correctly. I just added a new page listing this morning and noticed a few new items but now I cannot see any statistics on page view, reviews, star rating etc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow, that terrible. Let's hope they get this sorted asap!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for this, it gives a bit better of an understanding. In future I supposae I will have to ask for a review when the job is complete and ask them to search for me online. Cheers again, Joe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry to hear it, Seems like a wide spread problem! Good luck, Joe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Jorden I will do!

Cheers

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi all,

There does seem to be a problem at the moment with displaying reviews. It has been reported to Google and they're looking into it.

If you're able to provide either the Maps listing or Google+ listing for your affected pages in this thread, then I'll add them to the report we've filed.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog