Reviews Disappeared[ Edited ]
June - last edited June
Alexander James Magician
Having recently set up My Business through Google, I have been asking clients to leave reviews. So far I have received two and both are nowhere to be found or showing on the my business google search. Please advise me as to where they have gone, as my clients have taken the time to right these after being asked and I cannot ask them to redo something they have already done.
Re: Reviews Disappeared
Do you know if the reviewers can see the reviews on their profile?
(Go to Google maps, click hamburger menu, select your contributions, select reviews tab). If they are there, then theoretically they would show.
Occasionally there is is a delay of a week or more before reviews / review scores seem to be updating. So that could be at play too.
If your reviewers can see the reviews and it has been at least a week since the review was left, then there could be review filters that have been tripped. Reasons include (but not limited to)
- Web addresses (URLs) in the comments.
- The person who wrote the review is you, a manager of your page or works for you.
- The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP address that you sign into to manage your local listing.
- The person wrote the review from the same IP address or device as another user who left a review. This is common with kiosks or review stations (a dedicated PC or tablet for collecting reviews).
- The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (for example: they wrote one Jan 15 and it got filtered so they tried again on Feb 10).
- You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you.
- You’re caught offering incentives. It’s okay to let patrons know you appreciate reviews, not OK to bribe for them.
- You moved. Google does not automatically transfer reviews when a business address changes. Contact support if you need your reviews transferred to your new location.
- The reviewer’s account has gone dormant (stopped posting reviews) OR they opened an account, left one review and have done nothing else since.
Check first with your reviewers and see if the reviews are on their profile. If so, it has been more than a week, AND you're certain none of the items above apply, then post back and I can escalate to Google to investigate.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on · · my blog