My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review responses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently went in to check my reviews and noticed that all of the replies I had previously posted to reviews were no longer visible.  I tried logging into my Google Apps console and could not find the area to reply to reviews.  When I did a search, it brought up Google My Business.  When I logged in, it said I needed to verify my information, which I did, but still did not see my previous responses.  I found that Google has split business listings from Google+ to Google My Business, so I am getting everything set up again, but do I need to go back to re-reply to these old reviews or is there a way to merge them so that my previous replies will show up again?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Review responses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Wait till you get the business listed then see the status of the reviews and replies. I assume you are waiting for the verification to be completed.  Do you have any idea why you need to reverify. Is there a duplicate listing?

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Review responses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There was not a duplicate as far as I can tell.  The business was verified 4 years ago initially, but when I updated to the Google My Business it asked me to reverify, but let me do it online immediately.  It is listed as verified and has been for a week, but the review responses I previously posted have not shown back up.

Review responses

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Were the reviews posted on Google Plus? Your Google My Business listing should have the review information in a separate database so it may take some time to link back up. Can you test putting in a reply and make sure it sticks and shows public. Do you have a lot of reviews. I do not have experience with this and maybe a higher level contributor has more information and will chime in.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Review responses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did reply to one of the posts after the update and it does show up as public, I just don't want to have to go back and re-reply to posts from 3 years ago.  There are only 17 reviews and I had only replied to 4 of them, but all of my replies are gone.  They were initially posted on Google +.  I received an email that we had a new review and when I logged in, all of my review replies were gone.  I did a quick search and realized it had something to do with the Google My Business update.  I am hopeful in time the replies will show up.  I have looked at some other nearby businesses and there review replies are still there, so I'm not sure why mine have disappeared.