My Business
7.3K members online now
7.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review not showing up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could assist?

I have read some of the posts already on the forums, but don't think (unless I'm mistaken) any of the proposed solutions answer the problem.

A client kindly decided to write a review for me but it doesn't appear to display on my business page. But, they have informed me that they can see the review when they log into their account.

Could anyone shine any light on the issue?

I can provide more details if necessary.

Thanks

KD

Re: Review not showing up

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you can provide more details (at least your business page) that'd help. To be honest though, I don't know many business owners that pay attention that haven't seen a few reviews get filtered out from time to time. There are a few reasons that could happen, but the biggest one is if it's a review from an account without a ton of activity and few (if any) other reviews. I'm not really sure what Google's metric is, but you'll have a few that just don't stick from time to time, just the way it is. 

What I'd suggest personally, is choosing a few sites that you'd like to build reviews on, and if they don't stick on Google, you can just ask them to leave a review on the secondary site instead. "Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Unfortunately, it looks like Google filtered it out, that happens sometimes. I'd still love for people to be able to read what you have to say though, so would you mind going here to leave a review instead?" Pick the secondary site based on what pops up for your business name, or based on good sources of traffic in Google Analytics. Different industries and cities will have different sites that it's good to build reviews on. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey James,

Thanks for responding, business page as follows - https://tinyurl.com/jnp7vvr

I understand some of the reasons that may filter reviews from being posted but none seem to relate to the client, but you never can tell.

I will consider your suggestion, seems like a decent fallback.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hm, nothing popped up that I could see at least, so not sure what might have happened to the review, maybe someone else will see something. One of the things that can happen too though, is reviews getting left in the wrong place. I always use this link to send people to leave reviews, at least keeps that kind of a mistake from happening. if your client left it at the right place though and it's not showing, then... yeah. Reviews are kind of a numbers game anyway, best just to make it part of your business practice and look at it as a long-game. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good morning,

Have you had a chance to review the local review policies to ensure the review meets all the requirements?

Grace

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

To second James, it's likely that the reviewer doesn't have enough credibility with Google yet for their reviews to appear publicly, but as they review other businesses the review that they gave to your business could appear publicly some day. So don't be discouraged that it was a complete waste. I too would recommend asking for reviews regularly. I've seen better results of reviews sticking when the reviewer has left other businesses reviews and leaves the review while in your business location (vs days later from an IP potentially in another country/state/territory).