My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review from someone I've never done business with

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my business' name is Code and Bliss LLC. It is located at 6582 Finley Pl. Boulder CO 80301 and the number is 720-410-5472. The url is (I think): https://plus.google.com/b/116801851099249429466/116801851099249429466/about/p/pub?gmbpt=true&pageId=...

Here's my problem. Earlier today, someone that I do not know nor have ever been in business with left a review on my business page stating that I owed them money and all this other weird stuff. I literally have no idea who they are. I don't even have any male customers (so far, I've only ever had female customers). I've flagged the review, but I wanted to see if I could get a real human to help me with this issue. I'm a brand new business owner and this review could hurt my business reputation. It would be one thing were the reviewer legit, but seeing as they have never been a customer of mine I want to know if I can get the review removed from my page. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Review from someone I've never done business with

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley H,

Sorry to hear of this and know it can be bothersome to have this happen. 

You can flag it and fill out the reason why. Be as clear and concise as possible. Check back on the review every week and flag it again once every 7 days until it is resolved. 

Have a great weekend!

- James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley H

Flag It

Contact business support:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

I will tell you that unless you can prove they were not a customer, it will not be removed. I have thousands of reported cases. Reviews are probably GMB's biggest failure.

Ask happy customers to leave a review and the fake one will eventually be pushed down ( thats if they won't remove it )

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Trust me, I can definitely prove he's never been a customer.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Brilliant @Ashley H

Flag the review.

Then contact business support :

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

let me know how it works out.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership