AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review from somebody who has never used our services

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just received notification of a new review. Four stars (we usually get five from Trip Advisor etc) but what makes this one different is that there is no review, just the fours stars - and when I checked the name against our booing history, the 'reviewer' has never stayed here. Can I get it removed?

Ty Parke Farm Camping

https://plus.google.com/+TyParkeFarmCampingYurtsMathry/about

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Review from somebody who has never used our services

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gary,

Have gone through the link you have provided, it seems the profile is fake so you can remove that review.
Just go to Google My Business Page --> Login with your email and password which have you used for creating google business listing --> then go to review tab--> remove review you don't want to be appear on your Business page

Regards,
Tushar Rayate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tushar. I really appreciate your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi again. There is no option that I can see under the review tab to delete the review.

Kind regards,

Gary

--
Gary Loch
Tel. 01348 837384
Email garyloch@mac.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gary,

Can you just share me the screenshots of your business page so i could guide you through

Regards,
Tushar Rayate

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Gary L

unfortunately the advice @Tushar R gave you is just wrong.

There is no option to actively reomove a review (doesn't matter how many stars or showing what content)

The only option is flagging a review as inappropriate or responding as owner of the listing.

IMHO the latter option would be your best choice as oyu can tell the public this reviewer never booked a room or stayed at your accomodation business.

Flagging it you can try  also but I'm pretty sure Google wont remove the 4 star review - they wouldn't even remove an "empty" one-star-review