My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review for Wrong Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We opened a new dog grooming location in a building that was formerly a pet grooming shop but has been out of business for years.  When doing a search for Dog Grooming Exton PA a result appears under the Reviews from Web Google block and as a search item result from yellowpages.com.  I have already had Yellowpages suppress these reviews since they are not for our business, but they continue to show up whenever doing a search for our business.  Yellowpages said to contact Google/search engines to remove the results.

I don't know how a business that is new somehow gets reveiws from 2008 attached to their business, just because it's in the same building.  This makes zero sense and is having a terrible impact on our new business due to our web association with the closed business that we have nothing to do with.  Our company name is Cleopetras Grooming, website is www.cleopetrasexton.com, located at 62 Marchwood Rd, Exton PA 19341.  The old business that was at this address was named Grooming your way, and has been closed for years, but we are getting their poor reviews.  Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Review for Wrong Business

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tony

I understand your position and frustration.  Had a similar question from another business recently.

Google Reviews
Google reviews for businesses are tied to the physical location of the business, not the name of the business.  So while the two entities are different, Google often keeps the reviews alive if another business of the same category occupies the same space.  For your Google reviews, this is actually helping your Google reviews rating.

Do you mean the reviews from around the web section?  

YP Reviews

The Yellow pages are still displaying the other business listing and its reviews, and it still appears to be an open business.  http://www.yellowpages.com/exton-pa/mip/grooming-your-way-531741083

Google is unlikely to update the Knowledge Panel until and unless it can no longer find the reviews.  When it finds them missing, it may over time tie your current YP listing to the KP.

I can also see those reviews actually come from CitySearch.  http://www.citysearch.com/profile/9002944/exton_pa/grooming_your_way.html
You'll need to deal with the listing and reviews on that site as well.

Facebook Page

I've also found a Facebook page that could cause you trouble down the road.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grooming-Your-Way/122721504451076

You'll need to get Facebook to remove the page.

Unfortunately FB don't make it easy to report a listing as closed, so it may be a little bit of trial and error to get the page removed or marked as a closed listing.  I'd suggest first trying to report the page, and pick the closest category you can find. A few months ago we could report pages as "This Place has duplicate or inaccurate info" but I'm not seeing that option today.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog