AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review for Wrong Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a business, and we recently received a very poor review. Our business is in Johnson City TN, the review is meant for the business in Johnson City New York, essentially we have a bad review showing up that was never intended for us. I have tried contacting the person who made the review but have been unable to get a response. I can not figure out where to go through google in order to get this problem corrected, any suggestions? Our business name is Johnson City Kubota, located in Johnson City TN. The business in New York is Goodrich Kubota.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Review for Wrong Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Recommend to contact support regarding the "goodrich" meant review. The best way to get support: support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Review for Wrong Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Recommend to contact support regarding the "goodrich" meant review. The best way to get support: support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We have experienced a similar problem.

We have the same initials "AJK" to another company. An individual has given us a very poor review and 1 star as they are associating the same "AJK" initials with our business. Our buisness trade is completey different and unrelated, yet the bad review and comment is linking the businesses together, see this link https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/105095040533492657662/reviews/@51.5625606,-0.1963246,11.98z/data...

Any help or advice to how we can email or contact google would be much appreciated?

We have tried flagging the review but there was no where for us to state why we had flagged it, so not sure if any action will be taken.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We also received a review based on a different company on the other side of the state! This review was not for our small time company as we do not even do work there but there is a very similar almost the same name of a company out on that side of the state.

I FLAGGED the review but there was no place to enter information to say this was not pertaining to us.

This is so important to get this removed. Please help!!! When you are a small time company, this hurts.

schneiderconstructionllc.com