My Business
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review Removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
 I run a small business details below. We got a review from a customer and this got removed! Could the team at Google My Business please explain. This review was completely GENUINE and we worked very hard for it!!! This is not acceptable.

I want someone to explain please??

Business Name- Websites 'N' More

Google Maps Link- https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Websites+'N'+More/@-29.175812,135.467522,4z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Review Removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can provide full details if the need be!!!

Review Removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins..here is the new thread for the issue that I am facing.

Review Removed

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It is likely that your review got filtered or removed for violating Google's review policies. Based on cases I've looked at, here is what I've come up with for reasons why reviews go missing:

URLs in reviews

The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)

The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page

The person who wrote the review works for you

The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing

The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews

The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)

You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame

The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)

The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.

You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you

You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location

You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.

Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual