My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Review Help for Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems like Google Reviews hurting rather than helping businesses. Our business got spammed with massive amount of 1 star reviews within a few hours with NO COMMENTS on them. That drove our rating from 5.0 to below 3.5. Since our rating went down we stopped getting any new business. It seems like anyone can create several fake accounts and review other business. Unlike Yelp, Google doesn't filter those out. I called Google Business several times, which outsourced to India, spoke to several people, including their supervisor. I asked them to check if those reviews coming from same location, but they said they have no ability to do that. Very strange that company like Google can’t check if names created from same ip address.

We have been paid customers for the past 4 years. Now we are forced to close our page and take our business somewhere else.

Thank you Google for not caring.

ballroomdream@gmail.com 
1-732-492-2505

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Review Help for Google+

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@BallroomDream N

We people trying to help here are not all all googlers

But we understand your frustration 

Otherwise you make us a hard time to help you as you missed providing any business details.

The only business page that I found and is showing your above phone number would be

plus.google.com/101317521243951087380

so I'm at lost.

Please specify better details of yout business (at least name, address and website ) 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@BallroomDream N

We people trying to help here are not all all googlers

But we understand your frustration 

Otherwise you make us a hard time to help you as you missed providing any business details.

The only business page that I found and is showing your above phone number would be

plus.google.com/101317521243951087380

so I'm at lost.

Please specify better details of yout business (at least name, address and website ) 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,
Our business page is plus.google.com/114183153190573021882, business name Ballroom Dream Dance Studio.
Google Reviews are worthless. Actually Google Reviews can really hurt your business, like ours. Anyone can create more than 1 google account and drive rating of your business down. Google doesn't even check if those accounts coming from the same location. As you can see our bunnies had 10 reviews with 1 star rating without any comments. Those accounts were created within short period of time. We responded those those review, but that doesn't change the fact our rating still dropped from 5.0 to 3.7 within a day. I called Google businesses several time, but they told me that doesn't violate posting policy and those reviews will not be removed. Hmm, someone creating multiple fake accounts, posting fake reviews (there are no feedback on them) to discredit someones business doesn't violate the policy? Very interesting.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Name of the business: Ballroom Dream Dance Studio.
Address: 284 Whitehead Avenue, South River NJ

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@BallroomDream N

at first you did a great job responding on each of the plenty of one-star reviews as you did.

But I have to admit getting at the same time so much one-star reviews with  almost no content sounds like a organized " [censored] storm".

I'm not sure Google can or will  take any action against such a " [censored] storm".

But I will escalate this thread to them now (please take inaccount: due to Thanksgiving they wont read it  before Monday)

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Helmut. Sorry for multiple posting.
Google can at least remove those empty reviews. It seems like it happened within a day and than it stopped.

Have a Great Thanksgiving,
Dasha