My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Responding to a google review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we had a fictitious review left for us on the site YELP, as a result it shoes up on Google and MapQuest. Since our complaint YELP has removed the review, as had MapQuest. However the two still shows up on Google search, and even shows some of the individual's comments. So how do we remove the unfounded comments off of Google? 

Responding to a google review

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately, you can't simply remove a review from Google reviews. However, you can flag it and then contact support directly through the backend of Google My Business to escalate the process. I found that contacting support and choosing "by e-mail" helps - make sure to include all details such as your business name/address, the reviewers name and part of the review. You'll also want to include the reason from Google's review policies that you feel the review should be removed: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en. I would allow Google some time to crawl information from Yelp again for the previews to go away.