My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Requesting Help to re-Verify after Google Suspended my Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

WHAT HAPPENED: I recently moved out of state and logged on to update the location information on my google's business page.

As I was editing the location, the screen jumped to another screen informing me that my business page was suspended. I did't even get a chance to save or anything. As I was typing it went to the next screen and shut everything down. I opened a claim and they sent an email saying they've reinstated it (it's still blank and in the wrong/old state), now all I have to do is verify it.

PROBLEM: I am a photographer and do not have a business office/address as I meet clients elsewhere. Google doesn't accept P.O. boxes which is a problem because my home address doesn't have a mailbox (therefore, not only does it not show up on google maps, I can only receive mail if it is sent to a P.O. box - frustrating and confusing, I know, it's been a pain). So, it currently looks like my options are to use other addresses of friends and family or loose my listing; neither of which I want to do. Google's customer service of course, is MIA, and I can't find anywhere to ask a google representative about this issue so I'm hoping someone has a solution for me! This isn't really a misunderstanding issue, this is something completely bazaar and I can't get google on the phone to explain my options with this.

For some reason, it only gives me the mail option and I can't figure out how to verify my email or phone, for the life of me. Please help! Ideally, I would like to verify my email or phone, as the mail clearly isn't an option.

Requesting Help to re-Verify after Google Suspended my Account

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

The first thing you should have done is marked the old location as Permanently Closed set to Yes. From its search result and 'Suggest an Edit'.

Make the GmB entry with your locations address. You must have a site name or a street number. On a shared site add Unit No or Suite No in an office building.

Request a verification Poatcard then contact google support to ask for phone verification. You need other web directory data to help with that.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3480441?from=cuf

Or use the Twitter or Facebook links above.