Replying to reviews as a different role other than owner
Hi, I need help with two things please:
1. When I reply to a review, the reply shows as being from the owner, I am not the owner of the business, I am a manager on the Google Account and do marketing for them, as such when I post a reply to a reviewer I do not want them to think I am the owner. How can I change this please?
2. The listing is currently categorised as a 'cafe' and does not return results when restaurants are searched for in our area, this is quite bad for business/attracting new customers, can we be listed under and appear under two search categories, i.e. restaurant and cafe. Or do we need to be one or the other?
Additional Information requested:
1. Full business name - Kelly's Cafe & Restaurant
2. Current business address - 163 Birnam Road Canning Vale 6155
3. Current telephone number - 08 9455 1235
4. Google Maps URL - https://goo.gl/maps/3DdkSKYDUrM2
5. Website (if applicable) - kellyscafe.com.au
Re: Replying to reviews as a different role other than owner
Hi @Ky R
It always shows as from the owner of the business.
Managers of a business page are using the page as an authorized person by the owner and by extension is the owner. Just make it clear in the Reply that you are the Manager.
I am seeing it as a Restaurant
I do find it when searching more locally within canning vale.
What this tells me it that the business as a whole needs to build up a larger online presence for Google to show it more prominently.
When I see your online presence and who mentions you : "Kelly's Cafe & Restaurant" AND "163 Birnam Rd, Canning Vale WA 6155"
I only find a handful. I would recommend building up your business citations online:
Next, I would Include your location within the Websites <Title>
<title>Kellys Cafe & Restaurant | Home</title>
<title>Kellys Cafe & Restaurant - Family Style Restaurant in Canning Vale, Perth
You link to Facebook but not your business listing >> add a link to the listing https://goo.gl/maps/3DdkSKYDUrM2
Or embed a map from business listing:
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d6760.705494839755!2d115.93150927301302!3d-32.08675078893041!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x2a329612918d5287%3A0xbcd64c32e3104b53!2sKelly's+Cafe+%26+Restaurant!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sau!4v1487618030515" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I would also recommend using Restaurant Structured Data Markup on site.
Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership