My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Margaret -

Even when my business account is logged in, my responses disappear when I visit the page next. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this so I'm able to respond back to our customers reviews? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Reply to reviews

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nicole

So you're saying you respond to a review and it vanishes?    Sometimes there's a wee delay before it appears, but you're saying it completely disappears?
If that's true, can you reply with 2 things:

1 - take screenshots (with date and time stamp), and 

2 - Include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

I can then ask Google to take a look at what's happening.

Thank you :-)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicole C
July

Reply to reviews

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

UPDATE - 
Have just seen confirmation this is a known issue and is currently under investigation to be corrected.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the update, Margaret!

Reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Margaret,
Thank you. Can you shed any further light on this problem - we have just lost responses to Google reviews as well. Is it connected to making the adjustments for the Google AdWords location extension changes (we made these changes in the last couple of weeks)?

Thanks

Re: Reply to reviews

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @James R

The issue was corrected a few days ago.  AFAIK it is not connected to Adwords extension changes, but Google don't always explain why whoopsies happen ;-)

Can you provide the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

And confirm you've cleared the cache, cookies, etc?  If it's still happening to you, could you do screen shots (with date & time), or video so we can see it happening with your accounts.  I can then escalate this to Google for you.

Find me on · · my blog

Reply to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Margaret, in the meantime we found out what the issue was and are taking steps to get it fixed.

James