My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Repeated address validation errors even after dropping a pin via the GMB web interface

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been having a problem over the last week or so where I get an error response containing the message "Request contains an invalid argument. (The specified address cannot be located.)" in response to PATCH requests to update certain specific locations in an account I manage. I have tried several times to go through these locations and manually place pins in the correct place via the Google My Business web interface, but the next day the pins are always back where they started and I get the same error again.

In all these cases, I have found neighboring places on Google Maps that use addresses in the same format that I am submitting. One such example is 7931 Southtown Ctr, Bloomington, MN 55431-1323. Here is a nearby business that also has an address on the same street; here is another. I don't see what the problem is with the address I'm trying to submit, and I'm perplexed about why GMB isn't registering my pin moves.