My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Reoccurring duplicate for my client's listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Support team and otherwise gurus!

I have verified listing for my client PermaSmile.com in my account digital@hypefx.com. They are a Dental Implant firm in Chesapeake VA

(https://www.google.com/maps/place/PermaSmile+Dental+Implant+Center/@36.7694732,-76.224867,17z/data=!...

There is a separate business/map listing here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/PermaSmile+Dental+Implant+Center/@36.7694535,-76.2218209,15z/data=...)

that seems to come and go over the years. I successfully had it removed (maps feedback and suggestions) last year only to have it pop back up again a couple weeks ago. I verified it and then removed it to try to rid ourselves of it, to no avail. I don't know who started it or when, but now it showing in preference over our real verified and information rich map/business listing. Gurus of the Google Goodness! How can I make that other non maintained duplicate listing go away and please my clients??!! 

thank you all for your help!

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reoccurring duplicate for my client's listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris C

While signed in to the Google account you have the correct listing verified in, go to the duplicate listing and click on 'Suggest an edit'. Then select "Yes" next to "Place is permanently closed or has never existed", select "Private" and submit.

Please give that a try first.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Reoccurring duplicate for my client's listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the direction Tom. I have done the steps as you have outlined and will report back with results. 

I appreciate your time and knowledge!

Chris