My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing unverified reviews from unknown sources

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have now received multiple reviews from an unknown source. We are not a large company, in fact we are only a two member team - two brothers.

We have been in operation for just over two years now and have received great feedback from clients we've worked with. This can be proven from looking at a couple of earlier reviews we have received on Google before all of this happened, and over 40+ reviews on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/concretecuttinggeeks). 

A little over a month ago we started to receive reviews from someone who seems to be targeting our business for whatever reason. We tried responding to the reviews which didn't work, so we ultimately deleted our page. Little did we know that would not stop these malicious reviews from coming in and tarnishing our company's image.

All we ask is for the ability to verify the person(s) leaving these slanderous reviews.

Like I said, we are only a two man operation. We quote, complete, invoice, etc. personally for every job we complete. When we receive a review that mentions the following: "We rebooked and when they showed up I could smell alcohol on the worker and I told them to leave" it boggles our minds. We do not hire workers so this is just impossible. 

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. The company name is: Concrete Cutting Geeks in Calgary, AB.

Thank you,

Owners:

Greg W.

Luke W.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think you can delete a review. The correct approach is to respond to that review, ask for verification, investigate if it really that happened, reply professionally and if you think it's fake just report or flagged it.

I have been managing client's online reputation since 2013 and bad reviews are the one we deal with. So I hope it helps.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Unfortunately we have tried all of these steps. We have responded professionally, passed along our personal phone numbers asking them to call. Never received any correspondence... just more false reviews. We've flagged it as we do believe they're fictional reviews with no luck. No response from the Google team.

I understand that most companies, if not all, deal with similar experiences to the one we're going through. But in our case we are only a small local business, 2 people to be exact and we're the owners. False reviews like this really discredit what we're working so hard to build and may scare off potential customers.  

Thank you for your response.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Here's a good article from Whitespark about how to deal with these fake reviews: https://whitespark.ca/blog/remove-fake-google-reviews/ I am pretty sure you already checked this https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773?hl=en and did not work.