My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing the 'Hours' section.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In our t-shirt printing business, we do design/admin work from home, and go into the workshop to print.

People can get in touch by email at any time of the day or night. I will answer emails almost 24/7. The times we actually go into the workshop are not so relevant. 

Putting opening hours on the GmB listing is very misleading. If I put 9-5, it says 'closed now' outside those hours, but in fact I am at home ready to receive customer emails. And when it says we are open, people think they can just pop round. In fact we are a small factory, not a High Street shop, so people need to arrange a time - we are very busy working, with machines running, while we are in the workshop.

We need people to contact us by phone or email before coming round.

It would be best to remove the Hours: section altogether. Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks,

Martyn

Links T-Shirts

1 Expert replyverified_user

Removing the 'Hours' section.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@martyn j

reading your post I get the impression oyur business is a online related business. and you don't face customer "in person"

But supposed you face customers in person you should know two things"

1# Only in this case you are eligible for a local business listing

2# the hours are meant for the hours where you face yor customers in person.

Any kind of contacting you by email or phone or skype or similar  doesn't quality to get listed as "opening" hours.

"opening" hours are meat to met customers "in person"

Re: Removing the 'Hours' section.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut

Many thanks for your reply.

We face customers all the time, and we are there to meet them in the hours we provide.

I'd like a way to let them know that they can also contact us out of hours.

At present, the only options are open ore that closed. But in fact, even when the shop is closed, they can still get in touch, and get a reply, if they email us. I wish there was a way of telling people that.

But it's not a big issue! I enquired because I thought perhaps there is an 'additional notes' section I perhaps missed.

Best wishes,

Martyn