My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing the 'Hours' section.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lost Island Waterpark

2225 E Shaulis Rd.

Waterloo, IA 50701

319-233-8414

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lost+Island+Waterpark/@42.4432183,-92.3150773,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

Our business is seasonal, and has different hours for each attraction. I have claimed the business, but when I try to remove the hours of operation it will not let me save this information. We have had several guests very upset because when they search "Lost Island mini golf" it lists the hours for our waterpark instead. The golf course and go-karts are not a different business so we would prefer to remove the hours from the Google listing.

How do I do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing the 'Hours' section.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @eric b

Within the hours section of your Google My Business dashboard, set every day to 'closed' and it will end up removing the hours from the listing altogether.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @TomW.

That was the first thing I tried. Once I deselect all days or close out the posted hours, the "Save" button in the lower right grays out. I can only select "Cancel".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, @TomW! I didn't realize I needed to go into the dashboard to change it.

Fixed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW so I selected all days as closed, and thought this would solve our problem. Unfortunately yesterday (Saturday), our busiest day, we started receiving calls asking if we were open. "You're website says you are closed Saturday and Sunday," callers said. For some reason Google pulled our 10:30-6:30 hours back up but only Monday-Friday. So I selected those hours for all 7 days, and we will just deal with angry callers regarding our miniature golf.

There seems to be no good solution to this issue.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry @eric b, I meant to tell you to keep an eye on the listing to make sure the hours on the listing didn't change from what you had entered. I knew it was a possibility but didn't anticipate it would change the way it did.

For now, continue to check the dashboard and update the hours as needed and I will inquire about trying to find a better solution for your situation.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @eric b

There isn't a great solution for your situation. What I think I would do is have the 10:30-6:30 hours as you do now and utilize Posts to show the hours of the go karts and mini golf.

Here's an example of a water park listing with a post. Instead of posting an image with a message like they have, you could use this area to help customers see the hours. You would have to recreate the post every week since they expire after 7 days, but this should help more people realize the hours of the water park vs go karts and mini golf.

shipwreck-island.png