My Business
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing support for Google+ Brand Pages from the GMB Dashboard

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perhaps I'm blind or something, but I can't see a way to post a question to the forum, so I'll include my question here in a related place - 

I have a business with three office locations.  I used to handle the listings on Google Places but a couple years ago our franchise system requested and was granted access and management rights.  I've been demoted to having no access for one of the office locations and have only some capabilities for the others.  Our franchiser, Right at Home, has been doing a horrible job of managing as the offices have linked to wrong websites, have phone numbers listed that are for something else and more.  We've been pulling our hair out trying to get it to be right.  Just last month, I reported thru Google's system a wrong web link and wrong phone number for my own company and a week later it was corrected.  But the franchiser apparently went in afterward and made it wrong again just a week or so after that.  Bottom line is that I am 100% owner of this company and those offices.   I pay all the rent for the office spaces.  The franchiser has zero ownership.  Yet Google blocks me from having management capabilities and instead allows the non-owner, Right at Home, LLC to fully handle it.  It seems that would be very inappropriate and illegal.  Can anyone tell me why Google would favor a non owner over a 100% owner? I've asked to be reinstated and Google ignores the request and simply asks the non-owner that has management if they'll allow the change (and they don't)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Removing support for Google+ Brand Pages from the GMB Dashboard

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Keith Z
Google is not favouring anyone in particular, rather following the understandable structure of honouring the edits by the highest authority on the listing.

Ideally you'd contact the current owner of the listing and ask them to transfer ownership to you.
If that's not an option, you can request ownership transfer. https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671
Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly. That might be a good idea as it allows you the chance to advise why you're wanting control over your listings.
The current listing primary owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog