My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing or rearranging photos uploaded by someone else on Google Places

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a media outlet that uploaded a picture in one of their articles. That picture keeps appearing on our company's profile when searched, and we'd love to have something else showing instead.

Is there a way of removing pictures taken from someone else (the "from the web" part) or at least rearranging the pictures so that one doesn't necessarily show as the main one on the search?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jéssica C

You aren't directly able to remove a photo someone else posted about your business, but you can flag that photo for removal by Google if it isn't the right place or violates the photo guidelines.

Posting your own images to your GMB listing often helps push older images down.  Bear in mind though, this is algorithm driven. If there's something about that 3rd party photo that Google's program considers best meets the criteria for that spot in the Knowledge Panel, it will continue to show that photo.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was what came on my research but I was hopeful I could find a way. I did add a lot of great pictures but that photo keeps appearing. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it's an old photo of our CEO and it's not as relevant as it could be. Thanks anyway!