My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing old reviews when a business has been taken over

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

We have bought a restaurant business and recently invested a lot of capital into changing it into a different business, renaming it, new concept, menu, kitchen, layout, furniture etc.  Any ideas on how I should approach removing the old reviews that related to the previous business in this location please?  Apologies if this is somewhere obvious!

Thanks

Sophie

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sophie C
April 2016

Re: Removing old reviews when a business has been taken over

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Sophie,

The team came back and let me know that they were able to remove the reviews which were not for the current business. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Liz

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Sophie,

Thanks for writing. Can you send through your page URL? In some cases, we are able to remove reviews if they are for a different company. I'm happy to take a look at your page and see if this is something we can do in your situation.

Alternatively, you can flag the reviews by hovering your mouse over the review, and clicking on the flag icon that appears below the user's name who wrote the review.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Liz
GMB Community Manager

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Sophie C In addition to @ElizabethP suggestion, take some time to read this help article - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3098204?hl=en 

Good Luck!

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,

Thanks for your reply. The google business listing for the restaurant in question is the Warwick Harvester below ( I manage it from a Harvester account along with the other c. 200 Harvesters in the brand). It was converted in December last year (2015) from the Porridge Pot, an "All Inns" brand.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Harvester%20Warwick%20Stratford%20Road%20Warwickshire&ludocid=526159...

Colan's really helpful link to the help article below indicates this should have a good chance of getting reviews prior to it's opening date of 9/12/15 removed?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.
Sophie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Colan, I couldn't find this so it's really helpful to have the link!

Sophie

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Thanks, Sophie! I filed a report against these, but am unable to guarantee turn around time. Please know that our team will investigate and take appropriate action on this issue. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Elizabeth!

Sophie
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sophie C
April 2016

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Sophie,

The team came back and let me know that they were able to remove the reviews which were not for the current business. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent - thank you so much! We have a fairly constant progression of businesses like this since we bought another company c. 18 months ago and are busy converting them into our own brands. What is the best way to tackle this going forwards - through this forum?

Thanks
Sophie

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
Hi Sophie,

We're always happy to help here! You are also welcome to contact support, or flag the reviews that were for the former businesses.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Liz