My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing old reviews from and old business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

i am desperately seeking help from someone at google, and i have not been successful

i purchased a twice failed restaurant, formerly known as Feelings Cafe D'Aunoy here in New Orleans. i purchased the land an building in March 2016, embarked on a complete renovation, restoration, rebranding, reimaging, etc. The name was changed to "The New Feelings Marigny Cafe". I created an all new website, new google business listing, new yelp listing, new facebook page, twitter, snapchat, etc.  All platforms other than google recognize us as totally new business and recognize the fact that everything is changed. We reopened in May, 2016.

Big problem for us is that even though we created an all new google listing as we were directed to, all the old reviews from years ago somehow followed us to the new listing on google business, putting us at an immediate disadvantage, and still leaving us at a disadvantage

if you look at our google listing, the menu is completely wrong - it belongs to the old restaurant, and the reviews even reflect the operation as being vegan

twice already i have provided over 20 pages of documentation reflecting the act of sale, and the press garnered from the reopening. (one can simply "google" feelings cafe sale new orleans to verify this also

please help us! here in new orleans with so many 4 and 5 star restaurants, no one really wants to eat at a 3.9 star restaurant, and as we know too well, people are drawn to the negative reviews and this has placed us at a very disadvantage in this very competitive market

thanks very much for any possible assistance

craig trentecosta

owner

the new feelings marigny cafe, bar and courtyard lounge

1 Expert replyverified_user

Old reviews showing up on new business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

i have been having the exact same issue, albeit with a restaurant.........i have exhausted every single google help message board, called multiple times, etc. to no avail.......

Hi there,

i am desperately seeking help from someone at google, and i have not been successful

i purchased a twice failed restaurant, formerly known as Feelings Cafe D'Aunoy here in New Orleans. i purchased the land an building in March 2016, embarked on a complete renovation, restoration, rebranding, reimaging, etc. The name was changed to "The New Feelings Marigny Cafe". I created an all new website, new google business listing, new yelp listing, new facebook page, twitter, snapchat, etc.  All platforms other than google recognize us as totally new business and recognize the fact that everything is changed. We reopened in May, 2016.

Big problem for us is that even though we created an all new google listing as we were directed to, all the old reviews from years ago somehow followed us to the new listing on google business, putting us at an immediate disadvantage, and still leaving us at a disadvantage

if you look at our google listing, the menu is completely wrong - it belongs to the old restaurant, and the reviews even reflect the operation as being vegan

twice already i have provided over 20 pages of documentation reflecting the act of sale, and the press garnered from the reopening. (one can simply "google" feelings cafe sale new orleans to verify this also

please help us! here in new orleans with so many 4 and 5 star restaurants, no one really wants to eat at a 3.9 star restaurant, and as we know too well, people are drawn to the negative reviews and this has placed us at a very disadvantage in this very competitive market

craig trentecosta

owner

Old reviews showing up on new business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Priya......

i am just curious as to why in nearly every single reply from a google rep, you guys ask for screenshots, data and information that is easily available at your very own fingertips.....if someone at google cannot "google" this simple information then what is going on. it seems as if the burden and legwork is ALWAYS put on us, which results in little if anything getting resolved

Review Impersonation

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

they are absolutely useless at answering any questions in this arena~!! a complete waste of time

old reviews from previous business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

craig trentecosta

owner

new business, new name, new ownership, major relaunch, new lisiting, but old reviews still appear from previous business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

craig trentecosta

owner

New owner/LLC using DBA and still have bad reviews from old owner

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

we are in the same situation and this is horrible of google to do this to new business owners who invest millions buying old businesses, rebranding and relaunching any type of business. many times due to local zoning, legal issues, or issuances of certain licenses some form of the originally opened business MUST remain, google should not penalize for this!!!!! very unfair, unethical, immoral and likely illegal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google won't help... I can't even get them to take down reviews posted from former employees (which constitutes a conflict of interest) and from fake accounts (reviews posted with fake names and fake pictures you can find on Google images). Yeah, it really sucks and is completely unfair.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi,

The reason is because we are not Google employees but volunteers who work in these forums to help other people. We can only work with the information that is given to us, hence the reason we ask for these details.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Joshua

I'm sorry that you are having a difficult time with Google's policy on reviews. Unfortunately it is their playground and we do have to work within their structures. Volunteers on these forums do their best to escalate the issues (particularly those surrounding reviews) but it is not our decision in the end as to which reviews are taken down and which remain.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog