My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing my business address from Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.  GoogleMyBusiness has found my business address on my website, and is now asking me to add hours.  My business is not of a type that clients come to my address, I would like my address removed from Google Maps.  How do I do this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Antonie d
June

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Antoine- 

If your business is one where you deliver goods and services off-site, you can mark your business as a "service area" business and select your service radius. This will hide your physical address but still allow you to show up in search results for your area. 

If you haven't already you'll need to claim your listing so you can make the change. All the best!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Antoine, 

if you'd like to delete permantly your Google My Business account and your Google Maps address on Google Maps you can contact the support directly through your phone. For this sign up at https://business.google.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a difficult time changing our business address to a "service area". I do not see this as an option when I edit my address. Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not see these either

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Kim G and @Samantha L - It looks like Google moved how to access this feature. 
I found the steps here: 
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Add and edit a service area

To edit your service area details:

1. Sign in to Google My Business.
  2. Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon  on the right side above your locations. 
  3. Choose the listing you'd like to manage and click Manage location
  4. Click Info from the menu.
  5. Click the Address section.
  6. In the window that appears, select Yes next to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations."
  7. Enter your service area information. You can set your service area based on the zip codes or cities that you serve, or on a given area around your location.
    • Select the box next to “I serve customers at my business address” if you want your complete address to appear on Google and your business location is staffed and able to receive customers during its stated hours. 
  8. Click Apply.

I hope this helps! - Danielle

Re: Removing my business address from Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Kim,
I get all of the way to the address step and there is no window that
appears with

" In the window that appears, select Yes next to "I deliver goods and
services to my customers at their locations." Enter your service area
information. You can set your service area based on the zip codes or cities