My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing hours from corporate office location.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a bank with 18 locations. One of those locations is our corporate office. While the corporate office does see customers, it does not have normal banking services. We have instances of customers coming to this location and then getting upset that they can't do their banking here.

For this reason, we would like to remove the hours for this location. We are hoping that this will help to cut down on the confusion regarding this location.

When I go to Google My Business, click on the Anchor Bank Corporate Offices location, and edit the hours for all days to closed, I get the following error message:

Invalid or missing Sunday hours

1 location can't be saved because it contains errors.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

if you change it to a brand page then it will still be out there but would not show a marker on the map.  The marker is mainly what causes the confusion. Also in the description explain no counter services available at this location or something like that. If you want to have people look at it for better information can you post the listing and street address? 

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Re: Removing hours from corporate office location.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help, David. How do I change it to a brand page?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I apologize I should have mentioned the other type of listing also. You do best fit a brand page in my mind, but the change is hard to do. You can convert the listing by following the link below or change the Corporate listing to a service area listing and hide the address from view. 

The listing is set up and can not be converted to a brand page based on this post and me trying a test on one of the accounts I tried. The two options would be to turn the listing into a service area listing which is not that hard or to delete that listing and set up a brand page. You will have to work with customer service listed on the other link. The service area type of listing will hide your address so people will not try to find service that is not available at the corporate address. 

To change to a service area listing and hide your address you can do the following.

Go to that specific listing in card view and under address click on the edit button down at the bottom will be a button to click that says "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" Say yes to that and then on the next screen it will open up more detail that has a check box that you can uncheck. It says " I also serve customers at my business address. (Your address will be hidden from the public if this box isn't checked.)"  So by clicking this option, you will retain your listing and information you have accumulated. If it were me I would set a radius that includes all your branches for this listing. There may be other contributors that have a different recomendation but that will fix the unwanted visitors. This second option should be much easier. 

Hope this helps.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |