My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing a falsified Google review

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We noticed on our Google business page that there was a review from a month ago but the person giving the review is not in our customer data base we looked into the name its a false name They also gave an address which is an address to a different person whom we have not done business with in several years We believe it is a customer who hadn't paid his bill so we had to send him a letter of intent and he was upset.

Our question how can we get the negative review off our page?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 

You can flag the review for investigation by Google's internal team. 

To flag a review, hover the mouse to the right of the review's date and click on the flag. Then fill in the details in the form.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Removing a falsified Google review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not seeing that. Can you post a screenshot? I know I had found out how to do it before, but now there is nothing to the right of the date to hover over and click on. I also called in and was told that one of the reviews was marked as spam and that it would be removed, but now that I am looking again several months later, it is back. We are a small business and only have 4 reviews, and only 1 is actually from a customer. 2 are spam, and the most recent one even admits that he/she has never used our service and just says "everyone I speak with claims the service is terrible."

Re: Removing a falsified Google review

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jeffrey

Hopefully you can see the little flag next to the date of this review. It appeared after I hovered next to the text of that date:

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 2.57.13 PM.png

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, with your screenshot I figured it out.  It is kind of non-intuitive that I can't flag it from the "My Business" page, but I have to do it by searching for our business and looking at the reviews there.