My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Farringdons Jewellery Ltd, 32B Greville Street London, 02072422040, www.farringdonsjewellery.com

I have recently had a review posted on Google, which perhaps wasn't great. However it does not seem to be moving from the page after receiving new, positive reviews. I understand Google has to be impartial, however I am keen to find out how this can be moved down, or removed since it is no longer an accurate representation of our business. 

Any pointers?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Farringdons J

I see it is one of the three "snippets" that are in the knowledge panel in search results.

These snippet reviews are a real pain and take months to be updated by the algorithm. At a rough guess I would say 6 months, hopefully sooner.

Keep asking happy customers for reviews, it will eventually drop.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

I see that you are the good Samaritan on this google community, can you please help me on our query?

Our small little pharmacy business called "rainbow health pharmacy" which serves to offer health care services to our surrounding community is currently under attack from an unknown entity who have been posting a multitude of negative 1 star reviews over the last few weeks. Without blowing our own trumpet, we do our very best to please every customer that walks through our door and have never offended anyone. The link to our page can be found here

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/RAINBOW+HEALTH+PHARMACY/@-37.7023114,144.7415897,15z/data=!4m2!...

As a lot of you can see, Many of these negative reviews either have no substance or are outrageously ridiculous and untrue on so many levels. We are a health destination and pride ourselves on delivery quality healthcare and service, yet all these reviews are defaming us.

We have flagged the reviews without success and reported to google on 2 separate occasions. The first time they managed to remove a few, but this spammer is relentless in their quest to continually spam our page. The second time I called google and they said that all these reviews still comply with the google review policy. While this may be the case, it still does not address the issue that someone has been intentionally spamming our page at least 5 to 6 times a day with negative 1 star reviews under different profiles.

We've gone and reported to other authorities like the ACCC, Small business commissioner as well as the federal cyber security taskforce but none of these agencies can seem to help. We are really out of ideas and just wish that this stops.

We don't just want the negative reviews to be removed but also to prevent this attacker from continually doing it in future.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Removing Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the pointers.

I understand the updates with the algorithm, but do would you know of any way to speed up the process? Is there any occasion when Google will remove reviews? 

Thanks

Removing Reviews

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

There is no way to speed up the algorithm. I once waited for a year before it was updated.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @rainbow r

Firstly can you correct your name from all CAPS to correct grammer, thanks.

There are a couple I found that have connections to others, so clearly fake. Some wont probably be removed but I will do my best.

There is certainly something going on here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

Thanks for looking into this for us.

It is frustrating to see so many negative reviews. We are 100% confident that all of the 1 star reviews are from the same entity or a group of entities looking to defame us.

Are there ways google can tell if they are all malicious and all come from the same source? We don't believe only a few are spam, but in fact all of them. As their occurrence are all within the last 7 to 10 days. Someone really has it in for us and we are afraid that they won't stop.

So is there a way google can mark and track our page as being easily susceptible to fake reviews? so that we don't keep getting bombarded with fake reviews?

cheers

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @rainbow r

Google looks at the account and if there is nothing untowards on the account, then they do not get involved basically.

http://onlineownership.com/fake-google-business-reviews-will-never-removed/

I positively identified 4 spam ones because they reviewed the same other places and one or two that are borderline in the actual wording. As for the rest, I have asked for them to be looked at but I am not holding my breath on them.

Fake and Spam reviews are a monumental problem for businesses which Google can't seem to get a grip of.

I'll let you know what I hear back.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @rainbow r

They have removed some of the reviews and I see that there are more anonymous ones again.

I have pushed back to check again, any right minded person can tell there is a negative campaign going on here.