My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removing Reviews After Major Renovation/Name Change/Rebrand

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

My company owns a hotel in Savannah that just completed a $9 million+ renovation and rebrand project, which involved (1) a total overhaul of the property, (2) affiliation with a new brand (from Hilton to Preferred Hotels & Resorts), and a name change of both the hotel and its restaurants.

I have managed to update the hotel's Google My Business listing, but all of the previous reviews from before the renovation remain. I do not think that is fair, as the property/experience now is totally different than it was before this recent effort. The only thing that has remained the same is the ownership; absolutely everything else is different. Thus, negative reviews from even a year ago no longer reflect the state of the property today.

I have read on Google's help topics that it is possible to remove old reviews in such cases. Could someone please instruct me on how to do so? Surely there is an easier way than flagging each old review manually...

Here is the relevant information on the property:

• The DeSoto (formerly the Hilton Savannah DeSoto)
  • thedesotosavannah.com
  • I can't figure out how to link to the business listing, but it's listed as The DeSoto Savannah currently

Thanks in advance,
Lindsay

Removing Reviews After Major Renovation/Name Change/Rebrand

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

As you remain the owner its still really the same business.

Phone nos are the default primary key.

In reality its only possible to make one self review saying the hotel has been renovated.

As you garner new genuine reviews then the quality of the new brand will be established.